As you get older, you may find your teeth have weakened or decayed due to grinding, trauma, aging, or other issues that cause them to break down. This can affect the functionality and appearance of your smile, reducing your confidence and causing you pain. In this case, porcelain crowns may be an effective solution for you. Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that fit affected teeth to strengthen them. With the proper care, porcelain caps last for over a decade and leave you satisfied with your smile.
At Parsons Smile Center in Flushing, Queens, Dr. Fady Salha has provided top-notch dental services for over 30 years. Whether you need a crown on one or every tooth, we offer options that work best for you based on your condition. Porcelain crowns look natural and act just like a regular tooth, giving you a smile you are proud to show off. We work closely with you to develop a personalized plan and keep you informed, so you can have a stress-free experience knowing you are in the right hands.
When Should You Get Porcelain Crowns?
It can be challenging to know if you need porcelain crowns without the help of a knowledgeable specialist. When seeing one of our team members for an exam or consultation, we assess your teeth and gum health to determine if crowns are necessary. Potential reasons you may need this treatment include the following:
- You have a tooth with a large filling or many smaller fillings, and there isn’t much natural tooth remaining.
- Your tooth has broken or cracked and cannot be repaired with bonding or a filling.
- You have a large cavity or have received a root canal, and the tooth structure is too damaged for a filling.
- You have an implant replacing the root of a tooth that was missing or needed to be extracted.
- You require a dental bridge, which uses two crowns as an anchor.
- Your teeth are stained or misshapen.
While porcelain crowns can be an excellent solution for those looking to improve the health and appearance of their teeth, they may not be for everyone. We understand that every patient is different, so we consider your needs, goals, and health history when deciding if crowns are right for you.
What to Expect During the Porcelain Crown Process
We understand any dental procedure can be overwhelming, but we will support you every step of the way to ease your worries and give you peace of mind. Our caring team is here for you before, during, and after the porcelain crown process, which typically involves the following steps:
- Preparation: Your specialist prepares your tooth for the crown by removing some of your natural enamel. This makes space for the crown and creates a strong foundation.
- Impressions: Next, we will take impressions of your teeth to create custom crowns.
- Review and bonding: When your crowns are ready, we assess their shape, color, and fit before placing them. Then, we bond them to your teeth with strong dental cement.
After crown placement, you may feel sensitivity or soreness in the affected areas, but you can manage this discomfort with medication. Many patients return to work or school right away. With proper brushing and flossing and routine check-ups with our team at Parsons Smile Center, your crowns can last for decades.
6 Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
In addition to improving the overall appearance of your smile, porcelain crowns help optimize the functionality of your teeth, allowing you to eat hot, cold, crunchy, and hard foods with ease. When placed properly, these devices offer the following benefits to your dental health:
- Prolong natural tooth’s life
- Treat broken, decayed, or worn teeth
- Protect teeth from wear and tear
- Enhance teeth’s appearance
- Improve teeth functionality
- Long-lasting solution
We only use the highest quality porcelain for crowns in our offices, giving you the best chance of preserving your natural teeth with up to 15 years of no damage to the caps. Because the crowns are molded to fit your teeth comfortably, many patients forget they have them on. Furthermore, porcelain crowns are low maintenance, so you don’t have to worry about excessive aftercare to prevent damage.
Learn More About Porcelain Crowns from a Trusted Professional at Parsons Smile Center in Flushing, Queens
If you have any teeth that have suffered damage or decay, you may need a dental crown to improve the health and appearance of your smile. Dr. Salha at Parsons Smile Center provides all-porcelain crowns that are long-lasting and stain resistant. And unlike gold or other metals, porcelain is both biocompatible and natural-looking.
In our comfortable and relaxing facilities in Flushing, we utilize the latest technologies and techniques to give you the top-tier care you deserve. Our team goes above and beyond to prioritize your health and safety, so you can have a hassle-free experience. To learn more about porcelain crowns and if they are the right treatment for you, give us a call at (718) 939-0862 or fill out our contact form. BOOK NOW